Membership in the Evergreen Artists Association provides many opportunities to grow as an artist. Through our educational programs, classes, workshops and member shows, you will be able to learn about new mediums and techniques, promote your art, meet the public as well as enjoy the company of your fellow artists in a supportive and creative environment. To apply for Membership, please click here: Membership Application
Here's a typical year with the Evergreen Artists Association:
- Main Street Fine Art Gallery: location in downtown Evergreen, Main Street Fine Art Gallery is our headquarters and is also a venue where our members may submit work to be juried for membership in the gallery. Centrally located, the gallery has established a reputation as being one of the best in Evergreen. For more information, visit the Main Street Gallery website for information on joining: www.MainStreetFineArt.org
- Two Juried Shows per year: in the spring and fall, Main Street Gallery hosts a juried show. So, even if you are not a member of the Gallery, you still have the opportunity to show your work in our beautiful downtown location. During the shows, gallery members remove their work allowing the entire gallery to showcase the artwork of our members and guests. This is a great opportunity for emerging artists to learn the ropes of entering juried shows in a fun and supportive environment.
- Gallery talks, mini workshops, demos: We host a variety of events of Main Street Gallery that are open to members and guests. Some are free, some require a small fee. These events usually are hosted mid-week and last about 2 hours. Topics include critiques, demonstration and informative talks, lectures on marketing, creating prints and cards, etc. We bring in guest speakers from these events. Please check the events calendar to see what is currently offered and to register online.
- Four or more classes per year. Our Programs Chairperson has done a great job of finding artists to provide one- to two-day mini workshops to our members. They are hosted in various locations in and around Evergreen. This past year we have hosted a plein air paintout with Ted Garcia, Glasswork workshop with Ginny Sycuro, Sculpting with Steve Miller, Mixed Media with Mary Morrison and Golden Paints and we are currently planning a new slate of workshops for the upcoming year. These workshops are generally at a minimum cost to our members and sometimes require a small materials fee.
- The Annual Fine Arts Festival in Heritage Grove. Since 1966, EAA sponsors one of the best festivals in the country right here in downtown Evergreen. Artists from all over submit their work for jurying into this show. Our members have the opportunity to submit their work for jurying, volunteer with fellow artists, or just be inspired by attending the show.
- Adult Grant Program: EAA has established a new program for adult members to submit an application for a grant. Our first grants were announced in February of 2014. To learn more, please visit the website to read about the application process and learn about our grant recipients.
- Evergreen Artists Association Website: EAA has a great website for our organization. There you can join, update your membership and personal information, upload images of yourself and your work, download applications and keep up with events hosted by EAA. Every member is automatically added to the website so even if you don’t have your own site, visitors can learn about you and your work on the EAA site.
- Monthly Newsletters: keep up to date with all EAA activities by reading the monthly newsletter emailed to all members. You will be apprised of upcoming shows, classes, and other events available to artists.
- EAA Facebook Page: Follow us on Facebook to see what's happening with our organization. Our upcoming events, calls for entry, class, workshops and photos will be posted there so it's easy to keep up with us!
- Last Friday Gallery Walk: Main Street Fine Art is a participant in the Evergreen Last Friday Gallery Walk. Come by and meet your fellow artists and have fun walking through downtown and visiting the other galleries as well. It’s a great way to meet people and see what’s going on in the arts in Evergreen.
- Volunteer: Are you in a rut? Sometimes the best thing you can do for yourself is become a volunteer. We are always looking for people to help promote the arts through our activities. So if you are new to the area, or are looking for a way to give back, do it through EAA.
- Fellowship: Working as an artist can be a solitary pursuit, so join us and find the support of your fellow artists!